David Park

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Head light replacement #10320

    Having replaced the original headlights with a set of H4 bulb headlights I can say that the pod needs to be out of the wing, with wing off. It was a hassle but having workable headlights in Scotland is a must rather than nice to have!

    in reply to: Wanted – Speedometer head! #8731

    Thanks Paul , for info!
    David, my Speedo is mph, my email is dp.dampmap@gmail.com, if you’re on WhatsUp OK too. I will take pictures today and await your contact.
    Regards,
    David P

    in reply to: Wanted – Speedometer head! #8729

    I have a complete 3-dial less the front. Happy to send courier it to you to test and we can discuss reimbursement later. I’m not sure how to get each other’s details on this means due to data protection. I don’t do Facebook. Can anyone advice as website can’t?
    Regards David P.

    in reply to: Semi-auto box linkage challenge #7010

    Hi Paul,
    Although I am awaiting his first reply from John & your comments, your suggestion about Facebook would be most helpful to see if others have had this problem. Scotland has a dearth of knowledge on DS ie’s or semi-auto boxes! The last time someone up here had a ie problem Citroen Classics from Staines flew up and sorted it at their expense!
    David P

    in reply to: 27 years later i want another DS #6254

    Hi Justin,
    Excellent instructions
    First picture is set up of roof rail holding brackets – 4 in front and 1 on each leg.

    Original clip attached to frame by what looks like some form of pop-rivet. Not drilled one off yet!

    Clips – broken left – survivor right. Still awaiting call forward to local library to see if we can print this in nylon or equivalent.

    in reply to: 27 years later i want another DS #6246

    Hi Justin,
    Just a heads-up about taking off those sections! I have just taken off my front section to get at my roof rail for its once-in-10-years check.. the clips mentioned by Paul can be brittle due to condensation rust – I managed to shear 2 of the 5 present, but there should be 6! If I could work out how to upload photos I could show one & all the layout/results! Is there an easy way? Or I am just an old Luddite?
    Replacements can be sourced from Citroen Classics and Franzosen but at some considerable expense…£7.50 + VAT EACH… I am trying to get a nylon equivalent 3D printed in my local library along with my control lever mentioned previously.

    in reply to: FRESH AIR DUCT ASSEMBLY – 1974 DS 23 #6194

    Hi Peter, that is brilliant photography! It has given me an excellent steer as to where to look and what to look for within the myriad of holes in the under dash metal bit. The fun will be putting those screws back in! Magnetised screwdriver and/or blue tack will be the rule. Thanks for your help.

    in reply to: FRESH AIR DUCT ASSEMBLY – 1974 DS 23 #6178

    Hi Paul, your set-up is very different from Simon’s and my set-up, but you have given me an idea of where I should concentrate on. Thanks to you both for your help. I will put the solution up pictorially once found!
    Cheers David P.

    in reply to: FRESH AIR DUCT ASSEMBLY – 1974 DS 23 #6172

    Hi Paul, thank you for your prompt responses. I did look up the reference you gave but it was the usual written one liner – “remove unit from its location”…. I still have time as I am trying to get the actual lever 3-D printed in my local library from a one I acquired in pieces and stuck together(but is not structurally sound) if I can master the HP software and related hardware. No idea of material cost per item yet but will let other DS members know of the outcome if successful and feasible to do a batch run for those in similar need.

    in reply to: FRESH AIR DUCT ASSEMBLY – 1974 DS 23 #6169

    Hi Simon, Thanks for offer. It would be handy to see the RH dash area where the vent unit came out of, and the unit itself to see where the retaining bolt might live. In anticipation!

    in reply to: FRESH AIR DUCT ASSEMBLY – 1974 DS 23 #6167

    Thanks for quick reply Paul. I have indeed got the dash off, rationalised the wiring (- now almost follows circuit diagram), replaced the offending dash front and replaced missing nuts & bolts from previous owners’ forays away from the car. It is the RH unit for the fresh air with the lever (or rather without in my case!). I will check your reference to see if I can recognise where any holding bolt(s) might be. I have the windscreen out for replacement, inspection and rust proofing of roof rail, and new windscreen seal. My wife is tired of stuffing tissues into seal when in a head wind and horizontal rain – common scenario in Scotland throughout the year!
    Cheers David P.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)